Pages

Thursday 10 March 2011

The First Day

Well yesterday was the first day, the first group and I was nervous as hell! Luckily my friend who already goes (and has lost loads and looks great) walked me In. I seem to have problems being around an already formed group these days.

However the group leader was very welcoming and talked me through everything and she instilled hope In me that I CAN do this and that I could call her anytime I needed too.

It was time for me to step on the scales... Now I know most of you wouldn't say your weight but I'm starting out saying it because I think it helps me realise just how bad I have got with my weight.

So on the first day, weds 9th march 11 at 3:30pm the scales said :

19st 4 1/2lbs

Shock horror! - my personal goal In the short term is 3 stone before summer.. Is this doable?

I came home and rummaged through the cupboards for any free foods we already had In and I ended up with a yukky concoction of pasta, tinned plum tomatoes and tuna (In brine).

Then later on I had a veggie steam bag and a bachelors cuppa soup (tomato and basil) I think is around 5 syns but not too sure.

The support I have had on twitter is simply amazing! It's so great to know if I'm having a bad day that others can keep me on track, that and I've already had a yummy recipe sent through to try!

I hope you guys will continue my long journey with me through this, I intend to use this blog as a food/thought diary and a photo diary *gulp*

One of the things that spurs me on is seeing the before and after pictures of successful slimming world participants.

Well busy day today, my 12 month old has his jabs *cries* then I'm off to Tescos to stock up on ss foods! So will say bye for now! Have a great day!



Disappearing Mummy x

6 comments:

  1. Hi, found you through twitter. You will do this and so will I! Try and focus on really small goals like each 7lb loss. I've got a pandora bracelet and I've decided to get a new charm for each stone I've lost. Give yourself a reward (non food) for each mini goal, that way you'll lose weight and be kind to yourself.

    Good luck
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your first week on plan :)
    Sure you'll have a great loss next week!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done you. Getting used to what you can and can't eat is the hardest bit; as soon as you've done that and know Syn values of a few things, SW and food optimisation is easy peasy!

    Don't worry about saying your weight. I put mine on my blog too — and photos! It's hard to do it, but then when you lose weight it and see it coming off it makes you proud.

    Go DM! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I also saw you on twitter. The support on there is great. I know it helps me a lot. I am also 26 and a mum to one (2 year old daughter) I started SW when she was 6 weeks old and so far I have lost just over 5 stone and I'm about 9 pounds away from my target weight. There are some recent before/after photos on my blog. I just wanted to say that if I can do it anyone can. I know that is a huge cliche but it is true, before I'd have said my willpower was non existant but SW is more than a diet it helps you change the way you think about food. Meryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Try focusing on your weight loss in chunks of half a stone at a time...that's what my SW Consultant has always said anyway! =]

    It's roughly 18 weeks until the beginning of July so if you lost an average of 2lb a week you'd lose 36lbs which is what 2.5 stone give or take a few pounds?!

    I agree with Carole on the treating yourself to each mini goal (whether it be every half a stone or stone) to something non-food like! =]

    I try to have lots of Speed food (baked beans is a favourite of mine) also cooking food in bulk and freezing it is helpful...I've got a nice amount of Quorn Chilli in the freezer at home!

    Good luck :)
    Sarah

    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I reached my target weight 2 years ago with SW. For the first 2 months I was really very strict with myself - very few or no syns. I tend to be all or nothing where food in concerned (a total chocoholic). Having done this, I have been really naughty in the past 6 months and now I have 10lbs to loose again. I am going to put my meal plans on my blog and record my progress. I start tomorrow... My reward was my clothes getting bigger. When I finally bought my size 10 jeans 2 years ago I had two changing room assistants at M&S celebrating with me - I had to tell everyone. I celebrated with an orange juice in the M&S restaurant (there are syns with OJ!).

    All the very best - it really can be done!

    ReplyDelete